Peter J. Ellis
- Bachelor of Engineering, University of Technology
- Diploma of Technology in Production Engineering (NSWIT)
- Member - Institution of Engineers Australia
- Member - Institute of Industrial Engineers (Australia)
- Senior Member - Institute of Industrial Engineers (USA)
- Member - Logistics Management Association of Australia
- Production and Industrial Engineering techniques for evaluation and design of efficient operations.
- Facilities and layout planning for factories and warehousing and distribution centres.
- Productivity improvement studies
- Project management and implementation of warehousing and physical distribution and production systems.
- Integration of electronic technologies systems into warehousing, distribution and production facilities.
- Development & evaluation of distributions strategies.
- Thirty-two years in industry of which twenty-five years have been spent in executive management, consulting and industrial engineering roles.
- Numerous warehousing, manufacturing and distribution facilities planning projects from strategy development to conception through construction and commissioning both within Australia, Asia and USA.
Prior to establishing the consultancy
- Did an engineering trainee-ship whilst studying part-time
- Worked in the electronics, telecommunications, metal fabrication and construction products industries
- As a consultant in the US working predominantly for Motor Vehicle after-market and OEM manufacturers and distributors.
- Another year was spent working with Richard Muther & Associates based in Kansas City. Richard Muther and Associates are the developers of a suite of internationally known products: Systematic Layout Planning (SLP), Systematic Storage Planning (SSP) and Systematic Planning of Industrial facilities (SPIF). These methodologies and thought processes still being applicable today. My main projects being: the development of training programs in facilities planning, a railroad maintenance study for Railways Group and a reorganisation of an armed carrier manufacturing facilities
Peter is a keen sportsman dividing his time between: swimming, tennis, skiing and mountain bike riding amongst other pursuits. He also has an interest in the theatre. When time permits Peter loves to travel, often combined attending or participating in a sports activity or event